Here's a few reasons for you to get a website
- Approach future employers, clients or sponsors.
- Showcase your unique talent in a unique way.
- Generate extra income with advertising.
- Sell Training, T-Shirts, Instructional DVD's, Gear etc.
- Reach more people on a 24/7 basis.
- Blog about your experiences and share with likeminded people.
- Social networking integration.
- Learn all necasarry skills required to update your own website
A website can be very beneficial in a number of ways, including:
- Increased opportunities for increasing readership/membership which ultimately is a business on it's own.
- Cost effective means to present supporting multimedia - film, audio, etc.
- Instant interaction with members/audience - polls, feedback, member contribution, etc.
The Web is the most comprehensive, cost effective communication tool there has ever been. The beauty of the Web is that it allows everyone to have a voice, but this means there are millions of voices all competing to be heard.
So a succesfull website will need to be:
- Easily found
- Easy and interesting to use
- Well structured
- Visually appealing
- Aware of what it is trying to communicate and to whom